In these days of the Absinthe revival it is possible to buy Absinthe on the internet and it is legal, in many countries, to take in Absinthe in bars.Absinthe is an alcoholic beverage which is about two times as strong as other spirits like whisky and vodka. It has an anise flavor and is also made from herbs like wormwood, fennel and aniseed.
Absinthe was famously banned in lots of countries in the 1900s, although it never was forbidden in the UK, Spain, Portugal or even the Czech Republic. The thujone in wormwood was believed to be similar to THC in cannabis also to cause psychedelic effects, this has now been disproved.
There are lots of modern classic style Absinthes – brands which are re-creations of vintage and standard Absinthes. Price varies based on the brand and the site you order from – check around for the best price also to find Absinthe sales, offers and specials.
Here is a list of some terrific classic brands:-
– The Jade Collection by Ted Breaux – These Absinthes are manufactured at the Combier distillery in Saumur, France. Ted Breaux examined and analyzed classic bottles of authentic Absinthe and used what he learned about the components and quantities to develop this line of Absinthes. His Absinthes, which are distilled in old nineteenth century alambics, include a classic Pernod Fils style Absinthe, a Swiss style Absinthe, a La Bleue type absinthe, and Edouard Pernod type Absinthe, a new Orleans inspired Absinthe and his “Lucid” brand which became the first legal Absinthe in the USA.
– Absinthe Clandestine – This Absinthe is made by Claude-Alain Bugnon, former Absinthe bootlegger. This Absinthe is actually a La Bleue clear Absinthe made in Bugnon’s distilleries in Couvet, Switzerland. Bugnon uses standard herbs, such as wormwood and anise, in his Absinthe recipes combined with Alpine herbs.
– La Ptite Absinthe – This La Bleue is also distilled in Couvet by Guadentia Persoz and her husband. They discovered a 1898 menu and old alambic in their home when they relocated in and so are now applying this recipe, which include 12 herbs, to produce this popular Swiss Absinthe.
– Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or Absinthe” – An Absinthe distilled in Pontarlier, France, the town where Pernod produced his first Absinthes. This Absinthe makes use of traditional distilling methods in 19th century alambics but features a modern twist to create a different tasting Absinthe for the modern day Absinthe drinker.
Buy Absinthe Essences
The brands stated previously are generally great brands of Absinthe manufactured with knowledge from the past, but you might want to try your hand at creating your personal bottle of the Green Fairy.
Absinthe essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are a very economical way to make top-quality Absinthe at a great price. A 280ml bottle of Absinthe essence can make 14 bottles of genuine wormwood Absinthe! The 280ml bottles can be found in a kit with bottle labels and a measure to measure out the essence.
You can find 4 kinds of Absinthe essence:-
– Absinthe Classics essence – This essence makes a timeless style green Absinthe.
– Absinthe White Essence – An essence for many who like Swiss La Bleue clear types of Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This consists of real orange oil and produces a yellow-orange colored and orange flavored Absinthe.
– Absinthe 55 Strong Essence – The additional three essences have 35mg of thujone, the substance in the herb wormwood, but this essence makes a stronger 55mg Asbinthe liquor using a strong bitter wormwood taste. Perfect for those who desire the taste of wormwood.
All these essences can be purchased discounted at the store of AbsintheKit.com. And purchasing is not difficult.
To make use of the essences, simply mix with a neutral alcohol base like Everclear or vodka, put sugar of you just like a smoother Absinthe, and there it is – your own Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell replica Absinthe glasses and spoons for example a Pontarlier style glass as well as an Eiffel Tower spoon. The right gift for an Absinthe lover.