Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first true wormwood that contains Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 so many people are
desperate to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was developed by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. As opposed to other fake Absinthes, that had been designed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) as well as other traditional Absinthe herbs. More information are available at drinklucid.com but here are some information about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs instead of synthetic colors.
– It contains wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was manufactured by Ted Breaux, a respected Absinthe distiller, who used his familiarity with traditional Absinthe making methods to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which meets US regulations.
– Lucid includes a full measure of grande wormwood the same as pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe covered immeasureable thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they would all pass US regulations (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid is made up of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It’s distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid has a very unique black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
Based on the Lucid website it may be bought over the United States so you must be able to purchase it through your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists for instance Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and then for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also has a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the United States – a brand name called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Yet another excellent means of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free global shipping. There exists a handling fee for the first item but shipping and handling is free for added products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are produced from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits that contains 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe so they are a good buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence together with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you have your very own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is well known.
Essences are a good alternative to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to use too.