Absinthe is currently legal in the majority of countries and you could even buy Absinthe in the United States. This has sparked off a renewed interest in Absinthe plus a new generation is wondering how to get Absinthe.
Absinthe is actually a strong liquor that is created by distilling alcohol with a recipe of herbal plants. Traditional herbs employed in Absinthe production comprise of common wormwood, also known as grande wormwood or artemisia absinthum, aniseed and fennel. The aniseed provides the Absinthe its famous anise or licorice flavor and the wormwood gives the drink an edge of bitterness. Wormwood contains a chemical called thujone which was considered to be psychoactive and to cause psychedelic effects. It had been believed that Absinthe contained large amounts of thujone so it was banned in early 1900s. Research and tests showed that Absinthe actually only contained very tiny amounts of thujone, insufficient to result in any effect whatsoever, so the drink was yet again legalized in most countries.
To discover the real taste of Absinthe you have to buy an Absinthe which contains wormwood. Do not be conned by the many fake Absinthes or substitute Absinthes – you need original wormwood Absinthe.
How to get Absinthe that contains wormwood
Here are a few buying ideas to help you get a true Absinthe:-
– Create your own from a kit. AbsintheKit.com sell absinthekits which contain an Absinthe essence, a plastic measure and 14 artistic bottle labels. The kit costs $29 plus it consists of enough essence to create 14 bottles of absinthe. Unlike steeping kits, the kits from AbsintheKit are already distilled so, if you mix them with vodka or Everclear, you have a true Absinthe. The essences include the traditional Absinthe herbs, such as wormwood, and are a cost-effective method of acquiring a real wormwood Absinthe.
– Educate yourself with regards to Absinthe online. Utilize the Buyer’s Guide on sites like lafeeverte.net to study up about Absinthes and to read reviews on particular brands.
– Make certain the Absinthe consists of wormwood rather than just southernwood or roman wormwood. The Absinthe should also comprise anise or aniseed. Some Czech Absinth are wormwood bitters, not true Absinthe, because they are anise free.
– Check around and compare prices.
– Buy brands made by reputable distillers and look for Absinthes which may have won awards.
How to get Absinthe timeless classics
Take a look at a few Absinthes that you might want to think about trying. All of them are real wormwood Absinthes.
– AbsintheKit.com Absinthe Classics essence – This essence creates a classic “verte” or green Absinthe which usually louches beautifully.
– The Jade Collection – This assortment of vintage style Absinthes are distilled by Ted Breaux in France. They’ve already won awards and have got plenty of good reviews and write-ups online.
– Mari Mayans 70 – A Spanish Absinthe (Absenta). This collectors 70 edition has earned awards and it has been made in Ibiza since 1880. Absinthe was never restricted in Spain so this Absinthe has been in production.
– Sebor – A Czech Absinth which contains both wormwood and anise. It’s actually a well-known Czech brand with a decent reputation.
– La Boheme Absinthe Original – A Czech Absinthe which happens to be based on a 200 year old Swiss recipe.
– Absinthe Roquete 1797 – This French Absinthe is based on a genuine eighteenth century recipe and is also distilled in nineteenth century alambics.
Other significant Absinthes are La Ptite Douce, Absinthe La Clandestine, Doubs Mystique Carte’Or, Absinthe Duplais and Lucid, that’s obtainable in the USA.
When you’ve got bought your best Absinthe make sure to follow the Ritual and also to use an Absinthe glass and slotted spoon. Replications of antique glasses and spoons can be acquired from AbsintheKit.com.
Now you know how to get Absinthe, take pleasure in the taste of the Green Fairy.