Absinthe has become legal in many countries and you could even buy Absinthe in the United States. This has sparked off a reconditioned curiosity about Absinthe plus a new generation is curious about how to get Absinthe.
Absinthe is actually a strong liquor that is produced by distilling alcohol by using a recipe of natural herbs. Traditional herbs employed in Absinthe production consist of common wormwood, also referred to as grande wormwood or artemisia absinthum, aniseed and fennel. The aniseed provides the Absinthe its famous anise or licorice flavor and also the wormwood provides the drink an edge of bitterness. Wormwood sports a chemical called thujone which has been considered to be psychoactive and also to cause psychedelic effects. It had been believed that Absinthe contained large amounts of thujone so it was banned in the early 1900s. Research and tests indicated that Absinthe actually only contained very small quantities of thujone, not enough to cause any effect whatsoever, therefore, the drink was once again legalized in the majority of countries.
To experience the true taste of Absinthe you should buy an Absinthe which contains wormwood. Don’t be conned by the many fake Absinthes or substitute Absinthes – you will need original wormwood Absinthe.
How to get Absinthe that contains wormwood
Here are a few buying ideas to help you obtain a true Absinthe:-
– Create your own from a kit. AbsintheKit.com sell absinthekits that have an Absinthe essence, a plastic measure and 14 imaginative bottle labels. The kit costs $29 also it consists of enough essence to produce 14 bottles of absinthe. Unlike steeping kits, the kits from AbsintheKit are already distilled so, when you mix them with vodka or Everclear, you receive a true Absinthe. The essences contain the conventional Absinthe herbs, including wormwood, and are an economical way of acquiring a genuine wormwood Absinthe.
– Educate yourself regarding Absinthe online. Utilize the Buyer’s Guide on sites like lafeeverte.net to learn up about Absinthes and to read reviews on particular brands.
– Check that the Absinthe contains wormwood and not just southernwood or roman wormwood. The Absinthe also needs to consist of anise or aniseed. Some Czech Absinth are wormwood bitters, not true Absinthe, because they’re anise free.
– Check around and do a price comparison.
– Buy brands made by reputable distillers and check out Absinthes which have won awards.
How to get Absinthe classics
Take a look at a few Absinthes that you might want to consider trying. They are all real wormwood Absinthes.
– AbsintheKit.com Absinthe Classics essence – This essence makes a classic “verte” or green Absinthe which usually louches magnificently.
– The Jade Collection – This collection of vintage style Absinthes are distilled by Ted Breaux in France. They have won awards and have got plenty of good reviews and write-ups online.
– Mari Mayans 70 – A Spanish Absinthe (Absenta). This collectors 70 edition has won awards and has been made in Ibiza since 1880. Absinthe never was prohibited in Spain which means this Absinthe has been in production.
– Sebor – A Czech Absinth containing both wormwood and anise. It is a well-known Czech brand with an excellent reputation.
– La Boheme Absinthe Original – A Czech Absinthe which is based on a 200 yr old Swiss recipe.
– Absinthe Roquete 1797 – This French Absinthe is based on an authentic 18th century recipe and is distilled in nineteenth century alambics.
Other remarkable Absinthes are La Ptite Douce, Absinthe La Clandestine, Doubs Mystique Carte’Or, Absinthe Duplais and Lucid, that’s easily obtainable in the USA.
When you have bought your best Absinthe don’t forget to keep to the Ritual also to work with an Absinthe glass and slotted spoon. Reproductions of antique glasses and spoons can be purchased from AbsintheKit.com.
You now know how to get Absinthe, take pleasure in the taste of the Green Fairy.